- Pancetta, Cornbread, Dried Cherry stuffing
- 8oz Red Table pancetta diced
- 1 small onion diced small
- 1 carrot diced small
- 1 stalk of celery diced small
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig savory
- 2 quarts dried cornbread diced in ½ inch pieces
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 qt pork or chicken stock
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper
Render the diced pancetta until browned. Add the onion, carrot, celery, garlic, herbs and saute until cooked in the fat. Add the cherries and heat, then the herb and stock. Salt and pepper to taste. Pour it all over the cornbread in a bowl and mix. Taste and re-season. Pour a beaten egg over the mixture and toss with the egg. Cover with foil and heat in an oven for 30 min. Leave covered out of the oven to steam the bread if needed.
Alternately, cool the whole mixture after you add the egg and stuff your turkey or chicken with it!