PanChedda Apple Flatbread
2 pre-made personal pizza crusts or my personal favorite, Naan flatbreads
1 cup diced Cabot Clothbound Cheddar
3/4 cup cooked, diced Red Table Meat Pancetta; if for an appetizer, reduce to 1/2 cup
1/3 Honey Crisp or similar apple, with peel, thinly sliced
Handful fresh, baby arugula
Pepper to season
EVOO to season
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2 .Toast flatbread/crust in oven while pre-heating by placing directly on top rack for 10 minutes. Pull out and let cool slightly.
3. Split pancetta between crusts to make an even/tight layer. Then the same with the cheese and lastly the apple slices.
4. Take a pinch of black pepper and sprinkle across all the flatbreads. Pancetta has plenty of flavor so you don't need much.
5. Drizzle LIGHTLY with olive oil just on top of apples trying to avoid too much going to the crusts.
6. Bake directly on top oven rack for 7-10 minutes or until crust is toasty, apples are soft and cheese is melted. Make sure to put something on the bottom shelf to catch any dripping oil and/or cheese.
7. Remove from oven and let cool for 2 minutes.
8. Top with arugula leaves and then cut into pieces.
9. Perfect for an appetizer or a light lunch!