1 c Red Table Meat Co pancetta, medium dice
3 Tbsp honey
1/2 c sherry vinegar
1/2 c canola oil
1/4 c shallots, minced
1 tbsp garlic minced
- In a cold pan, place diced pancetta and turn heat on low to render until crisp, stirring on occasion for even browning. Strain and reserve rendered fat.
- In the same pan with the pancetta, add garlic and shallots and saute until translucent. At this time mix canola oil and rendered fat together. it should yield about a full cup to a cup and a quarter of oil for the vinaigrette.
- Add sherry vinegar to pan and reduce by half. Then add honey and cook for another 5 minutes.
- At this point, take pan off heat and slowly drizzle oil in to form a loose vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper. Keep warm.
For the dish
- 1 head belgian endive, split
- 2 Tbsp Pomegranate seeds
- 1-2 oz of shaved Pleasant Ridge Reserve
- 3 Tbsp pancetta-honey vinaigrette
- Oil the cut side of endive, and season with salt and pepper. Grill on cut side until charred and place on plate.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette on the endive and top with cheese and pomegranate.