1 1/2 Tbsp butter
2 ounces pancetta, diced
3 shallots, diced
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 pound frozen peas, thawed
1/2 cup grated parmesan
1/4 cup fresh basil, sliced thin
1. In a medium skillet, melt 1/2 Tbsp of the butter over medium head just to coat the pan and place in pancetta. Cook over medium until just starting to get crisp, about 3-4 minutes.
2. Add remaining butter, shallots, salt, and pepper and saute until tender, about 2-3 minutes.
3. Add cream and deglaze the pan, scraping any bits from the bottom. Cook for one minute then add peas.
4. Cook just until hot, remove from heat and stir in parmesan cheese with fresh basil.
5. Serve immediately, with friends!